Route Relief Sales Representative - Grocery Sales/Coffee Service Division
Community Coffee Company is the #1 family-owned and operated retail coffee brand in America. Rooted in family and tradition, yet always looking to the future, you can expect a fast-paced environment that is both challenging and rewarding. Join us and make your passion your profession!
As the Route Relief Representative, you will assist the manager in planning and relieving assigned routes. This position is a blended role supporting both Grocery and Coffee Service customers. On days when you are not covering a route you will assist with a variety of tasks such as building displays, upselling product, inventory and warehouse support.
- Works with sales manager to plan route relief schedules in advance
- Performs route relief to deliver products, equipment and supplies to existing customers
- Solicits existing customers to purchase additional products
- Collects payments from customers.
- Maintains proper selection and inventory of products for each customer
- Records and maintains sales, inventory and delivery information
- Responsible for loading and maintaining truck inventory
- Ensures freshness of products on shelf
- Assists with Coffee Service installs as needed
- Ensures customer satisfaction
- Responsible for maintaining coffee brewing equipment on route
- Participates in tradeshows and special events to promote the company's products and services
- Responsible for route’s daily bank deposits
- Cleans truck and performs routine maintenance
- May be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned
- Route sales and cold calling experience in DSD environment preferred
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Team oriented
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will service/sell to approximately 20-30 customers per day and is required to do the following :
- regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms;
- frequently required to stand, walk; climb or balance; regularly has to stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl;
- regularly required to get in and out of a vehicle.
- must be able to frequently lift 40 pounds and occasionally lift up to 40 pounds.
- occasionally push or pull up to 100 pounds using a rolling pallet or similar equipment, often up or down a slight incline or ramp.
- specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Field Sales Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places; and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may be moderately loud in warehouse areas.
Our People We are a high performance company with emphasis on teamwork and employee care
Our Integrity We have the courage to always do what is right
Our Customers We have a personal commitment to provide exceptional products, services, and solutions
Our Safety We champion safe behaviors for ourselves, our fellow employees, and our community
Our Brand Everything we do has to be as good as our coffee
- Job Family Sales
- Job Function Grocery Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- San Antonio, TX, USA