Compliance Specialist (Backgrounds)
10900 Corporate Centre Dr Suite 250, Houston, TX 77041, USA Req #449
Tuesday, October 13, 2020
Job Title: Compliance Specialist (Backgrounds)
Reports to: Background Screening Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Company Information: DISA Global Solutions is a fast-paced, growing company focused on providing safety and compliance solutions, which include drug and alcohol testing, background screening, occupational health screening, transportation compliance, and safety and substance abuse training. We are headquartered in Houston, Texas with over 400 domestic and international employees. DISA has specialized in promoting workplace health and safety for over 25 years and has a strong market presence in the energy and transportation sector. We are IT innovators and developed one of the most advanced platforms to support our clients’ access to data. DISA is highly committed to quality and service excellence and is ISO 9001:2008 certified.
DISA employees are offered a competitive pay and benefits package, along with flexible work schedules and a fun and exciting place to work. We have a collaborative and team-oriented culture with an attitude of “work hard, play hard”. We offer seasonal appreciation events and strive to provide a learning environment where each employee is encouraged to participate in continuing education and training.
Position Summary: Assists clients and applicants in managing and understanding the FCRA and FACT Act, adverse action and dispute process. Conducts reinvestigations and assists the manager with the day to day operations as it relates to adverse action, disputes and copy requests.
• High School Diploma or equivalent and two (2) years of customer service experience
• Intermediate level in Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent telephone customer service
• DISAWorks® system experience
• Familiarity with FCRA and background screening policies and procedures
Essential functions and responsibilities:
• File disputes and copy requests via DISAWorks
• Receives inbound phone calls and makes outbound calls to applicants regarding their background reports. Works closely with manager to answer clients questions and inquires to resolve their applicant's background concerns.
• Handle the reinvestigation process (client and vendor notifications)
• Process all copy requests to include those from California, Minnesota and Oklahoma (via release request)
• Assists the manager with ensuring DISA clients are in compliance with the FCRA and FACT Act regarding adverse action procedures and requirements. Works closely with the Backgrounds Manager to gather and interpret data received.
• Process all Connecticut Letters on criminal records returned and reported per FCRA
• Credentialing of New Background Client Accounts
• Preparation and processing of Background Audits (SSA, TransUnion, Texas DPS, FCRA)
• Auditing of Background Seeding Reports and vendors
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, walk, sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift up to twenty - five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
• Annual performance appraisal for professional exempt level
• Attainment of annual goals established between supervisor and incumbent
- Pay Type Hourly
- Max Hiring Rate $16.00
- 10900 Corporate Centre Dr Suite 250, Houston, TX 77041, USA