Agile Business Analyst
10900 Corporate Centre Dr Suite 250, Houston, TX 77041, USA Req #459
Tuesday, October 13, 2020
Job Title: Agile Business Analyst
Department: Information Technology
Company Information: DISA Global Solutions is a fast-paced, growing company focused on providing safety and compliance solutions, which include drug and alcohol testing, background screening, occupational health screening, transportation compliance, and safety and substance abuse training. We are headquartered in Houston, Texas with over 300 employees. DISA has specialized in promoting workplace health and safety for over 25 years and has a strong market presence in the energy and transportation sector. We are IT innovators and developed one of the most advanced platforms to support our clients’ access to data. DISA is highly committed to quality and service excellence.
DISA employees are offered a competitive pay and benefits package and a fun and exciting place to work. We have a collaborative and team-oriented culture with numerous opportunities of career advancement. We offer monthly appreciation events and strive to provide a learning environment where each employee is encouraged to participate in continuing education and training.
Position Summary: Ensures and maintains the effectiveness of DISA’s IT solution delivery by evaluating business problems, challenges, and opportunities to identify optimal software solutions. Maintain ongoing contact with other business stakeholders as well as IT development and support staff to assess project progress and priorities, provide or seek input on solutions, assist in developing systems requirements and programming specifications, coordinate implementation of solutions, discuss new software tools, and\or identify software bugs.
• Advise management in areas of concern with regard to business areas in need of an IT solution or IT solutions falling short of business need
• Advise IT development and support personnel of business drivers and functional requirements behind IT projects as well as potential technical methods that could better address functional requirements
• Assist in implementation of and training of business stakeholders in use of new IT solutions
• Performs feasibility analysis, scopes projects, and works with the project management team to prioritizes deliverables, and negotiate on product functionalities
• Creates detailed Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and translates into functional specifications
• Review functional and design specifications and\work with development team and business stakeholders to ensure full understanding of individual IT deliverables
• Provides analytic support by coordinating data extraction from various databases and data interpretation.
• Assists, facilitates and participates in Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Functionality Testing.
• 3 to 5 years of related job experience working in a business analyst or directly in business operational role
• Exposure to software and hardware design principles
• Bachelor’s Degree
• DISAWorks® system experience
•Exposure to Agile methodology
•Exposure to Agile methodology
• 2 to 3 years of experience in a software development or support role
•Exposure to programming technologies such as C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server, Java, Relational Database Design, Object-Oriented programming, and other web-interface technologies
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $65,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $70,000.00
- 10900 Corporate Centre Dr Suite 250, Houston, TX 77041, USA