Tustin, CA, USA Req #391
Wednesday, October 14, 2020
Job Title: Backgrounds Specialist
Department: Processing - Background Screening
Position Summary: Conducts Background Screening Verification's related to employment/prior employment, education, personal and professional reference verification's for clients. May set up user access and audit sub-contractors to ensure compliance with client policies and DOT regulations. Report information in accordance with e Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), state and federal laws, as well as company guidelines.
Average % of time split among daily duties:
40% Conducts a variety of Background Screening Verification's that may include highly confidential and sensitive information. Demonstrates excellent customer service to clients and others engaged by phone or in writing.
10% Set up user access and facilitate employment, education, personal and professional reference verifications for clients to optimize their screening program. Conducts background screening, verification and auditing to include routine administrative tasks such as:
• Make outgoing telephone calls
• Answering incoming telephone calls and assist with redirecting or assisting callers
• Inputting, accessing, and retrieving data from the computer
• Respond to emails within 3 hours of receipt
30% Process DOT Previous Employer Checks. Verify DOT History, Verify DOT & FMCSA Safety Performance History. Verify employment, prior employment, education, and e-verify (I9 validation) status when necessary.
10% Audit incoming client documentation for accuracy and procedural conformity. Audit sub-contractors to ensure compliance with client policies and DOT regulations
10% Performs other support and customer service duties, as needed.
• One or more years’ experience in professional customer service or call center environment
• Demonstrated ability to gather and assess information to solve problems in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of background checks, pre-employment screening would be an asset to this position
• Intermediate level in Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to provide administrative tasks including typing and filing
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong deductive reasoning and problem-solving abilities
• Strong organizational skills and strict attention to detail
• Exceptional interpersonal, phone and communication skills
• Current FCRA Certification (or ability to obtain)
High School Diploma. Some college or technical education preferred
Overtime: As Needed
Physical Working Conditions (ADA):
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged periods, talk, hear, walk, sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift up to twenty - five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job includes: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is moderate
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $16.00
- Max Hiring Rate $18.00
- Tustin, CA, USA