Business Development Specialist
10900 Corporate Centre Dr Suite 250, Houston, TX 77041, USA Req #477
Monday, November 2, 2020
Job Title: Business Development Specialist - Transportation
Department: Sales & Marketing
Reports to: Director Sales - Transportation
FLSA Status: Exempt
Company Information: DISA Global Solutions is a fast-paced, growing company focused on providing safety and compliance solutions, which include drug and alcohol testing, background screening, occupational health screening, transportation compliance, and safety and substance abuse training. We are headquartered in Houston, Texas with over 300 employees. DISA has specialized in promoting workplace health and safety for over 25 years and has a strong market presence in the energy and transportation sector. We are IT innovators and developed one of the most advanced platforms to support our clients’ access to data. DISA is highly committed to quality and service excellence.
DISA employees are offered a competitive pay and benefits package and a fun and exciting place to work. We have a collaborative and team-oriented culture with numerous opportunities of career advancement. We offer monthly appreciation events and strive to provide a learning environment where each employee is encouraged to participate in continuing education and training.
Assists and contributes to the activities of the sales operations team by developing and maintaining relationships with customers and securing additional business to increase revenues and profits and ensuring that all new business meets the guidelines set forth in the strategic business plan and corporate business model.
Average Percent of Time Responsibility
70% Sells DISA services and products, builds and works a large sales pipeline through cold call activity, networking, and lead generation. Develops proposals and negotiates and closes new business.
20% Meets with prospective clients to explain services, cost and advantages
4% Participates at national industry related trade shows to explain company services
4% Educates small or large groups of prospects and customers on DISA’s multiple services and products
2% Performs other related duties as assigned
• Two (2) to six (6) years of business to business sales experience
• Consultative selling approach experience
• Experience in a drug testing, background screening, and/or safety compliance industry
• Dynamics software experience
• High School Diploma
• BA/BS degree
Physical Working Conditions (ADA):
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, walk, sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift up to twenty - five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $50,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $60,000.00
- 10900 Corporate Centre Dr Suite 250, Houston, TX 77041, USA