Data Entry Specialist, Hours of Service (Clerical)
San Fernando, CA, USA Req #493
Friday, December 25, 2020
Job Title: Data Entry, Hours of Service Specialist (Clerical)
Department: Hours of Service
Location: MPCS, San Fernando, CA
Reports To: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Company Information: DISA Global Solutions is a fast-paced, growing company focused on providing safety and compliance solutions, which include drug and alcohol testing, background screening, occupational health screening, and transportation compliance. We have over 700 employees across North America including our Houston, Texas headquarters which houses nearly 300 employees. DISA has specialized in promoting workplace health and safety since 1982 and is the leading provider of drug and alcohol testing and background screening in the energy sector. We’re also the fastest growing transportation compliance in the industry! DISA and MPCS are highly committed to quality and service excellence, and our team of IT innovators has developed one of the most advanced platforms in the industry.
DISA/MPCS employees are offered a competitive pay and benefits package and a fun and exciting place to work. We have a collaborative and team-oriented culture with numerous opportunities of career advancement. We offer monthly appreciation events and strive to provide a learning environment where each employee is encouraged to participate in continuing education and training.
Responsible for entering client-provided data into the MPCS database systems and programs. The position uses Foxit and InfranView software to analyze driver-log documents for consistency and then prepares the documents for company auditors.
Average % of time split among daily duties Responsibility
25% Represent the company, its employees and the work environment with a positive attitude and demeanor. Answers phone calls, responds to emails, and confirms data complies with Dept of Transportation standards and company policy.
50% May respond to client inquiries, correspondence and emails. Clarifies procedures and contributes to the achievement of the team.
• Download files from the FileZilla file-sharing program.
• Convert downloaded files to PDF logs using Adobe Acrobat and InfranView software.
• Review PDF logs to verify accuracy.
• Return inaccurate PDF logs to clients for correction and to ensure compliance, when necessary.
• Audit the verified PDF logs for errors, inaccuracies and falsifications.
10% Meets company performance standards, tracks information, and enters data according to protocol.
10% Quickly resolves client issues regarding data logs or reports. Recognizes and escalates urgent issues to the Manager or other departments as needed to ensure the highest level of customer service
10% Meets company performance and production standards, tracks information, and enters data according to protocol. Observes surroundings to maintain and follow security of system applications and the environment. Stays current on all company policies, procedures and practices.
5% Participates in cross-training programs to enhance versatility and ensure development of career path(s). Performs other select duties as needed
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Writer and FileMaker
• Superior attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to think in a clear, logical and organized manner and work under minimal supervision.
• Strong data entry computer skills
• Ability to use the Internet as a research tool, when required.
• Ability to effectively interact and communicate with coworkers, clients and vendors.
• Ability to concentrate and work efficiently and consistently.
• Ability to use hands and eyes repetitiously through the use of a computer monitor and keyboard.
• Ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel and bend for extended periods of time.
• Ability to solve problems quickly and adapt in a fast-paced environment
Bilingual (Spanish) helpful, but not required
Required Education or equivalent years of experience:
High school diploma
Related Associate degree preferred, but not required
Data Entry or Customer Service experience helpful
Travel %: None
Physical Working Conditions (ADA):
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job in an office environment, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, walk, sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift up to twenty - five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job includes: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is moderate
- Pay Type Hourly
- Max Hiring Rate $16.00
- San Fernando, CA, USA