Drug and Alcohol Processing Specialist (Remote Work Option)
Tustin, CA, USA Req #509
Wednesday, December 30, 2020
Job Title: Drug and Alcohol Processing
Location: Tustin, CA* Note: May work remote from a home based location
Reports To: Director of Processing
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Company Information: DISA Global Solutions is a fast-paced, growing company focused on providing safety and compliance solutions, which include drug and alcohol testing, background screening, occupational health screening, and transportation compliance. We have over 700 employees across North America including our Houston, Texas headquarters which houses nearly 300 employees. DISA has specialized in promoting workplace health and safety since 1982 and is the leading provider of drug and alcohol testing and background screening in the energy sector. We’re also the fastest growing transportation compliance in the industry! DISA is highly committed to quality and service excellence, and our team of IT innovators has developed one of the most advanced platforms in the industry.
DISA employees are offered a competitive pay and benefits package and a fun and exciting place to work. We have a collaborative and team-oriented culture with numerous opportunities of career advancement. We offer monthly appreciation events and strive to provide a learning environment where each employee is encouraged to participate in continuing education and training.
Provides a high level of support for representatives performing Drug & Alcohol test processing tasks in the data processing department. Oversight of all tasks, training, and escalation of processing issues and reporting is in accordance with company policies and required guidelines. The position requires heavy client contact by phone and email, system updates, and collecting chain of custody forms or documentation needed to support results.
Average % of tim
e split among daily duties
e split among daily duties
50% Responsible for processing negative drug and alcohol tests. Follow up, review, update recordkeeping, and resolve matters related to test result issues and errors. Processes all instant test results and any other lab tests received. Answers client questions and handles processing related routine tasks.
30% Responds to emails to answer customer questions, respond to inquiries, clarifies procedures and gives directions. Contributes to the achievement of the processing team. Researches information and helps find solutions to issues brought to light by clients or outside departments.
- Move and address issues with test results
- Works with customer service to locate correct result location
- Works with customer service to establish client protocols to meet the needs of clients. This may include locating the correct result location, verifying the chain of custody form, or other documentation.
- Complies with any client specific programs related to test result entering
20% Assists other departments with tasks as necessary. May assist with projects that come up from other departments. Train and coach other team members on processes and procedures. Performs other related duties as needed.
• Proficient using Microsoft Office programs (word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Excellent Customer Service practices, while speaking clearly when providing information
• Ability to navigate computer applications while speaking with clients and applicants
• Initiative to answer incoming questions from team members and outside departments
• Ability to solve problems quickly and adapt in a fast-paced environment
• An active listener that demonstrates a friendly, upbeat disposition working with others
Bilingual (Spanish) helpful, but not required
Required Education or equivalent years of experience:
High school diploma and
(2+) years of customer service experience or working in a call center environment preferred
Related Associate degree helpful, but not required
Travel %: None
Physical Working Conditions (ADA):
***The position may work remotely from a home based location ***
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job in an office environment, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, walk, sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift up to twenty - five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job includes: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is moderate
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $16.00
- Max Hiring Rate $19.00
- Travel Required No
- Tustin, CA, USA