Medical Assistant (Drug & Alcohol Collections)
Ontario, CA, USA Req #436
Wednesday, January 13, 2021
Job Title: Medical Assistant (Drug and Alcohol Collections)
Department: Real Occupational Testing Services, Ontario, CA
Reports to: Site/Office Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Summary: Performs drug and alcohol test screening, customer vitals, DOT and NonDOT physical related services and charts specific results. Ensures authorization and chain of custody form is completed correctly. Ensures donors in waiting area are responded to in a timely and professional manner. Ensures cleanliness of collection rooms.
Average % of time split among daily duties Responsibility
50% Collect specimens (urine, hair, oral fluid, breath) for workplace drug tests and/or alcohol tests, DNA, and Job Performance (PAT) testing. May take vitals, document and chart results associated with visits. Explains testing process, protocols, procedures and responds to routine questions.
30% May conduct Pulmonary function testing, respirator fit testing, audiometric testing services as needed or contracted. May take live scan fingerprints or other information related to the visit.
Prepares, input and schedules lab orders and pick ups. Will update client information thru emails, phone, and texting.
10% Clean and stock collection rooms. Assists other team members with projects in down time.
10% Other duties as needed
• Excellent customer service skills
• Detail oriented
• Prior customer service experience helpful
• Active listening and strong communication skills.
• Bi-lingual helpful but not required.
• Prior experience in drug and/or alcohol testing is preferred
• Work on computer; use hands and fingers to manipulate keyboard
High School Diploma
Medical Assistant Certification
Travel: 5% Local travel
Physical Working Conditions (ADA):
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, walk, sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift up to twenty - five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job includes: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is moderate
Work Schedule: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, One Saturday a month
- Pay Type Hourly
- Max Hiring Rate $14.50
- Ontario, CA, USA