Mobile Collection Specialist (Drug and Alcohol Testing)
Lebanon, IN 46052, USA Req #126
Friday, February 19, 2021
Job Title: Collections Specialist (Mobile)
Department: Drug & Alcohol Testing, Lebanon, IN
Reports to: Service Center Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Summary: Operates a mobile vehicle unit to go to specified accounts to perform drug screen collections, oral swabbing and/or breath alcohol tests. Ensures chain of custody form is completed correctly. Responds to donors/customers in a timely and professional manner.
Average % of time split among daily duties
45% Operates a mobile collection unit and/or works in the clinic to collect specimens (urine, hair, oral fluid) for workplace drug and alcohol tests that may be DOT or non-DOT related. This includes pre-employment, random, annual, reasonable suspicion, post-accident, return-to-duty and follow-up drug testing. May perform Point-of-Care testing, as needed.
10% Completes forms and documents information following standard procedures. Verifies donor ID and follows testing protocol depending on the type of testing completed. Ensures chain-of-custody compliance and notes irregularities identified. May follow union reciprocal and non-reciprocal procedures and protocol. Ensure the breath alcohol testing equipment remains calibrated for accurate readings.
30% Responsible for safely operating a vehicle when operating the mobile unit for interstate and surrounding state travels. Must maintain a good driving record and follow safe driving requirements when driving and parking. Shall precheck the vehicle before leaving, ensuring adequate supplies are stocked, fuel and oil levels are maintained and tracks mileage for oil changes. Responsible for:
- Following all Drive safety Policies and Procedures
- The safety of any co-workers traveling within the vehicle
- Loading and unloading the vehicle
- Not operating the vehicle while using a phone
- Understanding what to do in the case of a vehicle breakdown or accident, getting information from another driver when involved in an accident
5% Greets donors, and visitors upon arrival in the waiting room of the collection area. May screen donors for medical history and/or visitors prior to entry. Ensures cleanliness of collection rooms and sanitizes areas as needed. May stock and organize collection rooms and add bluing agent to toilets.
5% Provide donors with additional detailed instructions when the following scenarios arise:
Direct observe collection
Urine specimen not in temperature range
Specimen unacceptable due to physical characteristics
5% Assist others with projects in down time. May perform other incidental duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to complete DOT training to be certified as a Urine Collector, Breath Alcohol Technician (BAT) and to take oral swabs after being hired
• Must be available to travel within IN and to surrounding states with periodic over-night stays
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to drive an automatic or manual transmission vehicle
• Scheduling flexibility to work very early mornings, with ability to work overtime periodically
• Must have and maintain a valid State Driver’s License
• Must have a good driving record, verified upon hire
• Experience and ability to safely pull/tow a trailer is preferred but not required
• Prior customer service experience is helpful
• Must be detail oriented
• Prior experience in a clinic or the drug testing industry is preferred but not required
• English speaking is required. Spanish speaking is helpful.
High School Diploma
Certifications in the medical field are helpful, but not required
Travel %: 95% mobile operation Daily trips across the state of IN (returns to office at the end of day), Overnight travel 5%
Physical Working Conditions (ADA):
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time, talk, hear, walk, sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift up to thirty (30) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job includes: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is moderate
Shift start - Can be as early 4:30 AM
Shift start - Can be as early 4:30 AM
Monday through Friday Flex starting time
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $13.00
- Max Hiring Rate $14.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Lebanon, IN 46052, USA