Accounts Payable Specialist
Tustin, CA, USA Req #438
Monday, February 22, 2021
Job Title: Account Payable Specialist
Reports To: Director of Finance
Location: AWSI, Tustin, CA
Company Information: DISA Global Solutions is a fast-paced, growing company focused on providing safety and compliance solutions, which include drug and alcohol testing, background screening, occupational health screening, and transportation compliance. We have over 700 employees across North America including our Houston, Texas headquarters which houses nearly 300 employees. DISA has specialized in promoting workplace health and safety since 1982 and is the leading provider of drug and alcohol testing and background screening in the energy sector. We’re also the fastest growing transportation compliance in the industry! DISA is highly committed to quality and service excellence, and our team of IT innovators has developed one of the most advanced platforms in the industry.
DISA employees are offered a competitive pay and benefits package and a fun and exciting place to work. We have a collaborative and team-oriented culture with numerous opportunities of career advancement. We offer monthly appreciation events and strive to provide a learning environment where each employee is encouraged to participate in continuing education and training.
Expedites the reconciliation of client invoices quickly and efficiently in order to provide a timely and accurate payment for services provided to DISA’s clients.
Average % of time split among daily duties
50% Routinely match, batch, code, enter and post invoices to process payments.
Researching test result information.
Researching test result information.
20% Reconcile, research and resolve exception invoices, ensuring required documentation and approvals are completed. May contact vendors to clarify invoice information and facilitate positive relations.
10% Maintain a portion of the AP Mailbox. Scan and file copies, as needed.
10% Responsible for routine A/P check run and verification
10% Answer and respond to vendor calls. Maintain excellent vendor relations
• Experience working in Accounts Payable, Staff Accountant or position utilizing basic accounting functions as a part of their routine responsibilities
• Ability to read, interpret and follow written procedures
• Ability to complete routine work with a high level of independence
• Ability to prepare routine reports and correspondence
• Ability to analyze account information and present historical or trend information
• Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, vendors,
and the general public
• Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
• Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, accounting software (including Great Plains) and intra-company proprietary software.
• Shredding of confidential material as requested
• Accurate 10-key typing skills
• High school diploma and two (2) years of customer service experience with working knowledge of principles and processes for providing outstanding customer service
• Advanced education with a financial major is a plus
Travel %: None
Physical Working Conditions (ADA):
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, walk, sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift up to twenty - five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job includes: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is moderate
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $18.00
- Max Hiring Rate $22.00
- Travel Required No
- Tustin, CA, USA