San Fernando, CA, USA Req #564
Wednesday, April 7, 2021
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Location: San Fernando, CA
Reports To: Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Under the supervision of the Financial Reporting Manager, the Staff Accountant is responsible for the day to day management of assigned accounts as a part of the financial reporting process. This responsibility includes daily entries to record accounting activity and monthly reconciliations. Additionally, this role may be required to produce ad hoc reports for management to evaluate the Company’s growth and performance.
Average % of time split among daily duties
30% Responsible for the monthly financial close, consolidation, reporting and analysis process and ensuring financial reports are delivered timely and financial records are in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Analyze and reconcile balance sheet accounts including intercompany accounts. This includes the preparation and organization of the monthly close binders
30% Prepare, document, and post journal entries to the G/L and ensure that all entries are reviewed, approved and properly recorded, responsible for the analysis and proper recording of expense accruals e.g. payroll, benefits, vacation, lab, backgrounds, collection, etc.
15% Reconcile account, issue credit/debit notes and adjustments. Enters daily financial data, monitors monthly activity, prepares reports, and records the monthly activity in Great Plains software.
15% Respond to a range of inquiries regarding financial transactions, which includes researching and resolving problems and assists in annual audit process.
10% Performs other related duties as necessary.
• 1+ years of professional accounting or related finance experience
• Thorough understanding of accounting principles
• Experience with ERP systems such as Great Plains, Oracle, SAP, etc.
• Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, MS Word and Power Point)
• Knowledge of common Accounting documents, recordkeeping and reporting
• Some knowledge of the transportation industry is preferred
Required Education: or equivalent years of experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in Accounting, Finance or related field
Related certification is helpful
Travel %: Minimal to none
Physical Working Conditions (ADA):
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, walk, sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift up to twenty - five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job includes: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is moderate
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $19.00
- Max Hiring Rate $24.00
- Travel Required No
- San Fernando, CA, USA