Compliance Specialist - (Remote Work Opportunity)
Remote, OR 97458, USA ● Tustin, CA, USA Req #576
Tuesday, April 27, 2021
Job Title: Compliance Specialist - Remote Work Opportunity
Location: Tustin, CA
Reports to: Director of Operations
Position Summary: Responsible for DOT and Non-DOT compliance audit research, reporting and assistance with client accounts. There is a heavy focus on drug and alcohol compliance reporting, ensuring compliance with contract and legislated requirements. Ensures professional and timely representation and ensures adherence to policy and related activities.
• Maintains a high level of customer service and interaction, responding and resolving questions or concerns in a timely manner while following established protocol.
• Provides assistance routinely during reporting periods: Jan 1 – Jan 31, Apr 1 – Apr 31, Jul 1 – Jul 31, Oct 1 - 31
• Routinely responds to customer calls and emails to respond to audit compliance requests and actively notify others of audit obligations. Audit can be DOT and Non-DOT related, often related to drug and alcohol testing compliance. Required to provide documentation related to results, chain of custody, outcomes, MRO, procedures and policy necessary to comply with contract and legislated requirements.
• Upload client’s employee rosters and statistical data to auditing agencies
o DISA Monitoring – quarterly and monthly uploads
o Veriforce – quarterly uploads
o TPS Alert – quarterly or semi-annual uploads
o NCMS – semi-annual uploads
• Assist clients with MIS reports / DRUG & Alcohol MIS (DAMIS) submissions
• Work with cross functional teams in support compliance needs and business strategies. This may be resourceful, to spot-check, seek guidance or clarification, for technical or reporting assistance.
• Maintain relationships with clients. Compile and communicate findings, reports, drafts and recommendations, in a clear and concise way, to technical and non-technical audiences. This may involve dashboard metrics, reports, sampling, administrative, oral or written presentations. Inform clients of changes to our system, protocol, etc.
• Completes Operator requests (Southwest Gas / SoCal Gas) and policy updates.
• Proactively identify areas of opportunity and suggest projects to improve controls while providing a good customer experience.
• Monitor information received from third party vendors to detect and resolve errors.
• Review system information and paperwork for testing compliance with policy requirements.
• May train client reps on system features. Walks applicants/employees through the process using VIP system.
• When available or as back-up, responds to calls and emails from applicants and client employees to coordinate testing or to lection sites, update candidate or records information, confirm collection details, verify or prepare necessary paperwork.
• Contact clients, company and third-party facilities to retrieve forms and gather missing data or correct erroneous data.
• Performs a variety of common administrative tasks such as faxing, emailing, entering data, noting conversations, completing forms, etc.
• Perform additional duties as required
Other functions: N/A. No driving required
• Sitting for more than 6 hours per day
• Standing and walking for less than 1 hour per day
• Limited stooping, bending, and twisting
• High school diploma, GED or High School Equivalent
• 1 year or more experience working in a Customer Relations or Service environment
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Knowledge of common drug and alcohol testing, and DOT transportation requirements
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Ability to routinely use software applications and navigate thru the system while speaking with customers or clients.
• Experience using internet browsers, navigation tools and web-based applications
• Demonstrates initiative while contributing to a team environment
• Ability to read, interpret and follow written procedures
• Ability to multi-task and complete routine work with a high level of independence
• Degree or certification in a related field
• Experience working in the drug testing industry
• Ability to prepare routine correspondence while interacting with external client representatives
• Knowledge of common employment drug testing and physical hiring processes
• Advanced training or education in a related field of work is helpful
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $18.00
- Max Hiring Rate $21.00
- Travel Required No
- Remote, OR 97458, USA
- Tustin, CA, USA