San Fernando, CA, USA Req #578
Friday, April 30, 2021
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: DECS, San Fernando, CA
Reports to: Operations Manager
Position Summary: Responsible for greeting customers, ensuring entry protocols are followed. Responsible for organizing events, create correspondence, prepare reports and documents, manage calendars to schedule client trainings, sort mail and offer general staff/management support.
• Routinely performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of operations that may include: Greeting customers, receiving and making calls, taking messages or fields/answers routine questions.
• Regularly uses common office equipment, prepares correspondence, obtains supplies, coordinates and sets up meetings, answer routine questions, maintain calendars, handling mail related tasks, and working on special projects.
• Provides superior customer service as the face of DECS. May prepare a variety of reports, data research, compile information, distribute mail, or other common admin tasks.
• Accommodates work related requests, may research supplier/ vendor information, schedule or confirm appointments, may coordinate lunch for meetings and support office events and functions.
• Responsible to maintain the breakroom, ensuring there is adequate supplies, and the area is clean at the end of each day. Maintain a presentable, clean, and organized office environment.
• Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory and performs other duties and needed.
Other functions: Periodic travel within the local community
• Repetitive use of fingers, hands and wrist
• Sitting for more than 5-6 hours per day
• Standing and walking for less than 1 hour per day
• Limited stooping, bending, and twisting
• Periodic lifting up to 20 lbs
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent
• A valid Driver’s license and good driving record
• Strong computer skills in the areas data entry and data management.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work with others in a professional and attentive manner.
• Proficient in MS Word and Outlook, required.
• Presents a positive disposition and professionalism when dealing with others.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Experience using MS Excel is a plus
• General knowledge of the transportation industry, DOT compliance policies and procedures is helpful
Work hours: Monday through Friday- 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $16.00
- Max Hiring Rate $18.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 10
- San Fernando, CA, USA