The position of Mover/Packer will have the primary responsibility for packing, loading, and delivering household goods. Mover/Packers process our customer's household goods in a clean, damage free, timely, and professional manner.
Schedules vary daily based on needs:
- Start times may vary Monday through Friday
- Schedules are set by Dispatch
- Weekend work may be required
- Out of town work as necessary
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Packing, loading, and delivering of household goods.
- Crate prepping.
- Working safely.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform without direct supervision.
- Ability to follow directions and communicate with others.
- Maintains a professional attitude with customers and coworkers.
- Must be able to satisfy physical demands (see below).
- Must be reliable and flexible with schedule.
- Will need to bring your lunch to work with you each day you are scheduled.
- Must be able to stay on the job until the job is finished for that day.
- Must be able to perform the necessary duties as identified by the supervisor to finish each job.
- Must be able to pass Pre-Employment drug screening and background check.
- Previous experience driving commercial vehicles a plus but not required.
- Commercial driver’s license a plus but not required.
- Employee must have the ability to read, speak, and write the English language.
- Have the ability to complete appropriate paperwork in accordance with company and regulatory agency requirements.
- Have the ability to effectively communicate and present information and respond to questions from management, customers, and the general public.
- Employee must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations professionally.
- He/she must know how to communicate via telephone or radio to dispatch for instruction and or guidance.
- Commercial driver’s license a plus, but not required.
- ICC Medical Card a plus, but not required.
Work Environment and Environmental Conditions:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
- Continual heavy traffic conditions
- Time sensitive delivery requirements
- Low to moderate noise levels
- Customer service demands
- Extreme weather conditions (i.e.: Snow, ice, rain and dust)
The job physical demands include constant and repetitive actions involving:
- Standing, Sitting, Stooping, Walking, Lifting, and Reaching
- Lifting overhead 5-60 lbs. during loading and unloading
- Carrying freight 5-50 lbs. 5-50 feet
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions inherent to working location inside and/or outside.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fairbanks, AK, USA