Team Lead 2nd Shift
**********$1,000 Sign on Bonus*********
Deliver quality products on time to customers while creating and maintaining a safe environment while working in their lead area. The Value Stream Leader will monitor, analyze and evaluate operations to ensure value stream objectives are met daily. This individual will serve as a catalyst for continuous improvement while providing direction to hourly personnel relating to schedule, daily assignments, and a safe operation of the value stream.
· Works as the line leader to ensure production needs are meet.
· Drives a continuous improvement culture by involving coworkers in problem-solving and decision-making as well as recognizing them for exceptional work.
· Leads the day-to-day production activities within the cell(s) to ensure that current commitments are achieved while improvements are being made.
· Tracks daily performance. Verifies team leader counter measures and recovery plans are in place for missed targets. Ensures process center communication boards are being used on a daily basis.
· Recommends and implements changes regarding production capability, tooling, and machine replacement to continually improve manufacturing productivity.
· Coordinates and directs activities that respond to customer needs through contact with materials, maintenance and engineering departments.
· Assists with developing and implementing current and future state value stream maps and continuous improvement plans.
· Supports new process and product development and implementation.
· Ensure SWI, SOF, SOP documentation is up to date and accurate.
· Leads training in their area(s)
· Troubleshoots first level issues and performs first level maintenance.
· Ensures a clean and safe working environment for all coworkers, maintaining 6S standards and emphasizing prevention of potentially hazardous conditions. Addresses unsafe acts and conditions. Conducts safety training for coworkers. Reports accidents in a timely manner and participates in accident investigations as required.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); College preferred or 2-5 years related experience and/or training with a proven track record in a high volume, multi-product manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles.
· Demonstrated understanding of business principles and plant manufacturing processes.
· Previous experience leading others and serving as project lead.
· Knowledge and experience in applying lean manufacturing principles and demonstrated abilities in continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates leadership skills
- Self-motivated; a strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize
- Logical thinking, strong problem solving and root-cause analysis skills
- Comfortable in a team-oriented environment where success of the company is of paramount importance
- Ability to achieve desired results by motivating associates to meet goals
- Strong initiative and able to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to work effectively with coworkers across all disciplines and levels within the organization
- Strong computer skills; proficient in MS Office, Excel, and Power Point applications; SAP experience strongly preferred as well.
- Able to drive an environment where teamwork, accountability and lean thinking are highly valued
· A High School Diploma or GED required.
· Minimum of 1 year material handling and inventory control experience preferred.
· Previous powered industrial truck experience preferred.
· Previous experience in a Lean manufacturing environment preferred.
· Exhibit team cooperative spirit through assistance to others and knowledge sharing
· Must be able to move product and materials, and operate material handling equipment.
· Will need to obtain an internal license for the operation of a powered industrial truck.
· Must demonstrate effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
· Must have history of regular attendance, the ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others.
· Ability to use good judgment when handling material.
· Mathematical Skills – Must have ability to perform basic mathematic functions. Must be able to perform mathematical calculations using the units of weight measurements.
· Physical ability – While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to walk, stand and sit for extended periods of time. The team member is required to talk, hear and demonstrate manual dexterity by using hands to handle material and parts. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The team member is required to use hands to operate a computer and RF equipment. Ability to perform duties of moderate physical demand, however, may be required to lift up to 75 pounds.
· Reasoning Ability – Must have ability to understand and carryout detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. The ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations, finding alternative solutions and determining the best solution based on business priority.
Pure Fishing, Inc. is the leading global provider of fishing tackle, lures, rods and reels with a portfolio of brands that includes Abu Garcia, Berkley, Fenwick, Penn, Pflueger, Shakespeare, SpiderWire, Stren, and Ugly Stik. With operations in 19 countries and a dedicated workforce conversant in 28 languages, Pure Fishing is a leader in outdoor and recreational lifestyle products designed to exceed the needs of anglers worldwide. But fishing to us is not just about business, it is about time shared with family and friends, time on the water, excitement and the environment. We are a passionate team dedicated to creating memorable experiences by helping anglers everywhere have more fun catching more fish.
- Job Family Manufacturing and Operations
- Job Function Supply Chain
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1900 18th St, Spirit Lake, IA 51360, USA