Bait Mixer - 2nd Shift
Performs mixing functions and coordinates production priorities for all dough baits, liquid attractants and Gulp! baits for all production lines in the Trout Bait and all Gulp! production areas.
- Performs mixing functions for all dough baits, liquid attractants and Gulp! baits.
- Assists Product Innovation and Engineering in the development of new products.
- Performs major and minor clean-ups as needed to assure proper set-up for next mix.
- Makes necessary adjustments to mixing schedule to accommodate production needs.
- Must be able to read and understand a work order and perform SAP confirmation and scrapping transactions. (Knowledge of multiple SAP transactions).
- Orders all necessary raw materials from the warehouse as dictated by production needs.
- Communicates pertinent information thoroughly with in-coming mixer and fills out daily paperwork.
- Maintains organized, neat, and clean storage and work areas.
- Notifies the maintenance department or department manager about equipment problems.
- Performs trout line and Gulp! operator functions when mixing is not necessary.
- Drives continuous improvement using Lean techniques.
- Drives continuous improvement within the QMS for Pure Fishing.
- Other duties as assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- To perform this job successfully an individual must be very accurate, and detail oriented. They must be able to follow directions and make decisions with information such as attributes that are sometimes provided. The individual selected for this position needs to be highly motivated, a self-starter, safety conscious in dealing with heavy items as well as liquids and/or chemicals that are corrosive or at high temperatures. This individual should require minimal supervision.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1-3 months related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Must be able to perform mathematical calculations using units of weight measurement.
- Heavy lifting, must be able to lift up to 50 pounds or more, as well as maneuvering totes up to 500 lbs.
- Ability to apply common sense, understand and carryout detailed verbal and written instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving multiple variables in standardized situations.
Pure Fishing, Inc. is the leading global provider of fishing tackle, lures, rods and reels with a portfolio of brands that includes Abu Garcia, Berkley, Fenwick, Penn, Pflueger, Shakespeare, SpiderWire, Stren, and Ugly Stik. With operations in 19 countries and a dedicated workforce conversant in 28 languages, Pure Fishing is a leader in outdoor and recreational lifestyle products designed to exceed the needs of anglers worldwide. But fishing to us is not just about business, it is about time shared with family and friends, time on the water, excitement and the environment. We are a passionate team dedicated to creating memorable experiences by helping anglers everywhere have more fun catching more fish.
- Job Family Manufacturing and Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1900 18th St, Spirit Lake, IA 51360, USA