Hard Plastic Molding Tech - 3rd Shift
Coordinate the process, methods and setup for the production
of injection molded plastic parts. Provide support to production, design,
toolroom to ensure dimensionally accurate parts. Takes responsibility for the
production of plastic parts that meet or exceed the expectation of the company.
- Perform the set-up, cycling, Process, and troubleshooting of molds and machinery, assuring parts are running to the standard cycle and within quality limits.
- Provide technical support, training, and guidance to existing teams of Process Technicians, Set-up Technicians, and Material Handlers.
- Optimize manufacturing efficiency by using knowledge of processes and production equipment capabilities, production methods and quality control standards.
- Trouble shoot in a logical, systematic manner. Perform maintenance on molds and machines. Make recommendation and problem solve to achieve outcomes desired by the company.
- Document mold performance on process log to maintain a history of the mold which includes problems, issues, recommendations and completed tasks.
- Establish and maintain processing parameters for conventional molds that can be used as a reference on all shifts. Complete and follow the process reference sheets every time the mold runs
- Mentor and train new employees as assigned. Provide production support by example while mentoring and training new employees.
- Communicate production problems with management and attend appropriate meetings as necessary to help solve production issues or conditions that limit the efficient use of machines and tools.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- Plastics and Polymer Associates Degree (Injection Molding) or equivalent preferred
- Five years manufacturing experience in plastic injection molding with relevant knowledge of resins and plastic materials preferred.
- Technical Certification Program (Paulson, RJG Scientific Molding, etc.) classes preferred.
- Experience or training in manufacturing using quality systems.
- Effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong mechanical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and determine priorities.
- A passion for continuous improvement and ability to drive initiatives to achieve established targets
Pure Fishing, Inc. is the leading global provider of fishing
tackle, lures, rods and reels with a portfolio of brands that includes Abu
Garcia, Berkley, Fenwick, Penn, Pflueger, Shakespeare, SpiderWire, Stren, and
Ugly Stik. With operations in 19 countries and a dedicated workforce conversant
in 28 languages, Pure Fishing is a leader in outdoor and recreational lifestyle
products designed to exceed the needs of anglers worldwide. But fishing to us
is not just about business, it is about time shared with family and friends,
time on the water, excitement and the environment. We are a passionate team
dedicated to creating memorable experiences by helping anglers everywhere have
more fun catching more fish.
- Job Family Manufacturing and Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1900 18th St, Spirit Lake, IA 51360, USA