Bait Setup Technician - 1st Shift
Performs production line and extruder set-ups within the Gulp! / Trout area as dictated by production requirements. Maintains, PMs and keeps production lines, extrusion equipment, and all accessory parts operating efficiently and producing a high-quality product and output.
- Performs all duties of a Machine operator
- Performs set-up operations on all lines within department: Including all cappers, labelers, printers, stuffers,
- Makes routine adjustments & troubleshoots quality problems when necessary
- Does preventive maintenance and makes repairs as necessary
- Works at different work stations as production requires
- 6 Maintains production records, run sheets, and other necessary department paperwork
- Performs product and equipment testing
- Performs maintenance, set-up & troubleshooting functions as needed
- Assists in scheduling and coordinating with VSL approval
- Drives continuous improvement using Lean techniques
- Drives continuous improvement within the QMS for Pure Fishing.
- Other duties as assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- Qualifications – To perform this job successfully an individual must be mechanically inclined. They must also be able to make necessary machine adjustments in troubleshoot and repair equipment problems. This person must be able to follow directions and make decisions with limited information.
- Education and/or Experience – High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 6-12 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination or education and experience.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Must be able to perform mathematical calculations using units of weight measurement.
- Physical Ability – Push totes on carts with casters, and may life up to 50lbs rarely.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense, understand and carryout detailed verbal and written instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving select variables in standardized situations.
Pure Fishing, Inc. is the leading global provider of fishing
tackle, lures, rods and reels with a portfolio of brands that includes Abu
Garcia, Berkley, Fenwick, Penn, Pflueger, Shakespeare, SpiderWire, Stren, and
Ugly Stik. With operations in 19 countries and a dedicated workforce conversant
in 28 languages, Pure Fishing is a leader in outdoor and recreational lifestyle
products designed to exceed the needs of anglers worldwide. But fishing to us
is not just about business, it is about time shared with family and friends,
time on the water, excitement and the environment. We are a passionate team
dedicated to creating memorable experiences by helping anglers everywhere have
more fun catching more fish.
- Job Family Manufacturing and Operations
- Job Function Supply Chain
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1900 18th St, Spirit Lake, IA 51360, USA