Penn Reel Repair Technician
**********$2,000 Sign on Bonus*********
Responsible for performing quality and expedient repairs while maintaining a minimum
backlog. Must work closely with the Customer Service Department and Parts
Department and may have contact with PI and Production regarding reel
performance, testing and quality issues. Direct contact with customers via
telephone, email or in person on technical and product information is required.
· Ability to analyze and perform necessary product repairs.
· Must be mechanically inclined with good manual dexterity.
· Must be organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
· Must have good computer skills.
· Must have good mathematical skills.
· Ability to read and interpret reel schematics.
· Ability to use good sound judgment when dealing with customers.
· Provide technical assistance on repairs, maintenance and product application.
· Maintain daily and weekly activity logs and time sheets.
· Assist with technical training as required.
· Liaison to warranty service center's questions regarding repairs.
· Process reel transactions and other select transactions on SAP.
· Notify proper coworkers of any product quality issues.
· Must have good telephone skills, communication skills, and the ability to work well with others.
· Direct contact with customers via phone, email or in person on technical and product information.
· Must be enthusiastic with a strong sense of urgency and desire to provide the customer with exceptional
· Must be able to work well in a team-oriented environment.
· Maintain safe and orderly work area.
· Product and fishing knowledge helpful.
· May be required to travel.
· Perform other duties as required.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be mechanically inclined, organized, detail oriented, and possess good communication skills.
· Computer skills are required.
· Individual must be self-motivated and be able to work with little supervision. Must be able to read and understand reel schematics.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Good mathematical skills are required.
Occasional lifting up to 50lbs. Must posses good manual dexterity.
Must be able to evaluate productsfor warranty status. Must apply common sense while dealing directly with customers. Must be able to determine the source of a problem and its
Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables under standardized situations.
Pure Fishing, Inc. is the
leading global provider of fishing tackle, lures, rods and reels with a
portfolio of brands that includes Abu Garcia, Berkley, Fenwick, Penn, Pflueger,
Shakespeare, SpiderWire, Stren, and Ugly Stik. With operations in 19 countries
and a dedicated workforce conversant in 28 languages, Pure Fishing is a leader
in outdoor and recreational lifestyle products designed to exceed the needs of
anglers worldwide. But fishing to us is not just about business, it is about
time shared with family and friends, time on the water, excitement and the
environment. We are a passionate team dedicated to creating memorable
experiences by helping anglers everywhere have more fun catching more fish.
- Job Family Supply Chain
- Job Function Supply Chain
- Pay Type Hourly
- Philadelphia, PA, USA