Penn Mfg Maintenance Technician
Exciting opportunity for the right applicant to be part of a diverse manufacturing team making the best fishing tackle in the world.
This person would perform general maintenance and repair duties, maintaining building, equipment, adjacent walks, and grounds. You will do repairs utilizing your mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and basic troubleshooting skills. You will work independent and with others on the team to perform minor repair of production machines. You will routinely do preventive maintenance on machines, equipment, and plant facilities infrastructure. Your day could also include some plumbing maintenance and minor carpentry. Along with your skills you will use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment to perform the work. You will work with the team to clear snow from entrances, lots, and walkways. This team also shares the responsibility of opening and closing the building when needed.
Come join our team of fisherman, friends, and manufacturing coworkers!!!
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs preventative maintenance in and around building and facility equipment.
- Performs troubleshooting and minor repairs of equipment.
- Adjustments maintenance and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing, and electrical systems using hand and power tools.
- Drive vehicles required to perform task including company truck, industrial lift trucks etc.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking facility to ensure no hazards exist during closing.
- Notify managers concerning the need for repairs to building, operating systems and equipment.
- Remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas, using snowplows, snow blowers, and snow shovels, and spread snow melting chemicals.
- Maintain lighting in operational condition and perform fixture replacement when required.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for maintenance duties.
- Track daily activity in computerized maintenance system along with completing detailed preventive maintenance logs.
- Supports production team maintaining equipment uptime.
- All other duties as assigned by manager.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Qualifications:
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Understanding of basic plumbing.
- Understanding of 120/280 volt electrical circuits. Certification a plus.
- Understanding of basic hydraulic systems and controls.
- Understanding of basic HVAC, steam & chilled air systems.
- Experience in using hand & power tools.
- Good verbal communication skills and ability to follow direction.
- Ability to work independent and in team environment.
Education and/or Experience:
· 5 years minimum performing maintenance.
· High School Diploma
· Experience using a computer & Microsoft programs.
· Some material handling, lifting, bending, and stooping. Ability to perform physical activities lifting heavy items (up to 50 pounds unassisted).
Work Environment: Manufacturing.
- Job Family Manufacturing and Operations
- Job Function Supply Chain
- Pay Type Hourly
- Philadelphia, PA, USA