Assembler Packager - Bait Weekend Shift
Performs repetitive line assembly operations to mass-produce
packaged soft vinyl baits. Maintains and
keeps pace lines operating efficiently and producing good quality packaged
baits. This job is team oriented and
each packager is responsible for the team output.
- Counts and places soft baits onto a pace line or into a consumer package
- Inspects baits for obvious defects
- Works at different work stations as production requires
- Stages bulk bait product and maintains production order records on a rotational basis as the Star Person
- Places packages into bulk warehouse boxes
- Confirms production at department computer stations as the setup person
- Makes routine adjustments to printers, labelers, box makers/sealers and pace line speed
- Drives continuous improvement using Lean techniques
- Drives continuous improvement within the QMS for Pure Fishing
- Other duties as assigned
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- To perform this job successfully an individual must have good manual dexterity. They must be able to follow directions and make minor decisions with information on production orders and attributes.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 2-3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to add and subtract three digit numbers and to multiply and divide.
- Light lifting up to 25 pounds. Must not be colorblind
- Ability to apply common sense, understand and carryout detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables under standardized situations.
Pure Fishing, Inc. is the leading global provider of fishing
tackle, lures, rods and reels with a portfolio of brands that includes Abu
Garcia, Berkley, Fenwick, Penn, Pflueger, Shakespeare, SpiderWire, Stren, and
Ugly Stik. With operations in 19 countries and a dedicated workforce conversant
in 28 languages, Pure Fishing is a leader in outdoor and recreational lifestyle
products designed to exceed the needs of anglers worldwide. But fishing to us
is not just about business, it is about time shared with family and friends,
time on the water, excitement and the environment. We are a passionate team
dedicated to creating memorable experiences by helping anglers everywhere have
more fun catching more fish.
- Job Family Manufacturing and Operations
- Job Function Supply Chain
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1900 18th St, Spirit Lake, IA 51360, USA