Injection Molding Production Manager
Support the business development organization in meeting the revenue growth goals of the organization through both direct assistance and by ensuring the plant-level personnel prioritize and execute accordingly.
- The Plastic Injection Molding Manager will have overall responsibility of planning, organizing and coordinating plant molding activities in keeping with effective operations and cost factors
- Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance, planning and quality to control activities obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines and equipment
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications and production problems
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality
- Assure that facilities are maintained in a clean, safe and orderly condition
- Assure that all employees, vendor personnel and related personnel observe and follow all safety regulations and procedures of the facility
- Leads the production team in all continuous improvement and lean efforts to establish a true lean culture
- Working with engineering to determine suitable metrics. As appropriate, effectively communicate learnings.
- Manages communication, information flow between engineering departments, tooling departments and planning supply chain partners.
- Lead team in addressing manufacturing non conformances and implement effective corrective and preventative actions with root cause investigations with traceability to production as part of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Escalates to appropriate levels within division regarding situation alerts with mitigation plans.
- Oversee production teams, trains, motivates and shares information, conducts appraisals, coaching and feedback, and delegates work to ensure the development of people while enhancing organizational capabilities.
- Manage and monitor operational KPIs, adjusting measurement methods, goals, metrics and monitoring frequency as necessary to meet changing company needs.
- Actively direct and support plant management in building, adjusting and directing flexible and effective teams in a constantly changing manufacturing environment.
- Control production process development, quality systems, purchasing and EH&S.
- Perform other assignments as directed by source of supervision
- Work closely with the Human Resources Department to ensure consistent and fair application of the organization’s policies and to ensure that staffing strategies meet the company’s needs.
- Capability Leadership:
- Practice the ability to build and improve the capabilities of the staff, the company as an organization and the systems of communication. Increased capabilities allow competitive and process improvements to be implements in a timely manner.
- Ensure that shop activities are documented:
- Shift logbooks, cycle sheets, cycle adjustments sheets, start up sheets, set-up notification, operator instructions, tooling correction request (TCRs), maintenance correction requests (MCRs), etc. Constantly evaluate methods to document improvement.
- Ensure shift-to-shift communication:
- Shift walk throughs, reading and filling out the shift log, staff meetings. Constantly evaluate methods of communication improvement.
- Core Competencies:
- Organization & People Management
- Leadership and Communication Skills
- 5 S/ Visual Workplace
- General Safety
- Time Management
- IQMS Knowledge
- Training Skills
- Document and Records Control
- Compliance Management
- Good Math Skills
- Analytical Skills
- 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing management
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Empowerment and Teamwork
- Standardized Work
- Problem Solving
- Quality Improvement Tools
- Kan Ban Systems
- Lead-Time Reduction
- Set-Up Time Reduction
- Process Flow Improvement and Small Lot Production
- Knowledge of And Ability to Manage Department Budget Costs
For those applicants with disabilities, if you require reasonable accommodation in searching for a job opening or submitting an application, please contact us by calling 888-469-6455.
All employment decisions are solely based on the applicant's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- 3041 Faye Road, Jacksonville, FL 32226, USA