Direct Labor - Tailor
The Safariland Group is a leading global provider of a diverse range of safety and survivability products designed for the public safety, military, professional and outdoor markets. The Safariland Group offers a number of recognized brand names in these markets including Safariland®, Med-Eng®, ABA®, Second Chance®, Bianchi®, Break Free®, Protech® Tactical, Defense Technology®, Hatch®, Monadnock®, Identicator® and NIK®. The Safariland Group’s mission, “Together, We Save Lives”, is inherent in the lifesaving and protective products it delivers. The Safariland Group is headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida. Atlantic Tactical, United Uniform, and Lawmen’s make up The Safariland Group’s retail and distribution business consisting of 11 retail locations ranging from the Carolina's through New York. Based on our tremendous growth we are adding to our Retail Team and have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Seamstress/Tailor to be based at our Rochester, NY location.
JOB SUMMARY: Support retail store by sewing, altering, measuring, and or embroidering uniform or equipment items.
- Assist with customer fittings by determining the needs of the garment on the customer
- Use industry standard methods to chalk the garments where alterations are to be made
- Perform all alterations on garments fitted to customer, brought in for alteration, or stock that requires repairs and maintenance, including spot removal
- Press finished goods (including chalk removal) so garments are ready to wear upon pick-up
- Complete alterations on timely basis to ensure delivery to customer by promise date
- Travel to make onsite measurements as requested
- In order to avoid backups, be aware of the current status of work in all departments
- Knowledge of industry-wide markings to indicate alterations as needed
- Demonstrated ability to sew garments with needle and thread and by machine
- Knowledge of fabric limitations and standard tailoring concepts, procedures and practices
- Knowledge of operating tailoring equipment such as sewing machine, steam press and iron
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate with customers, co-workers and supervisors
- Ability to complete daily assignments, meet deadlines with accuracy and demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and procedures
- Ability to adhere to Company safety policies and procedures
- Able to present a clean, professional image
- Able to keep work environment clean, presentable, and safe
- Responsible for entering in daily time keeping requirements
- Ability to pass criminal background check
- Must have a record of stability with employment history
- Must have an 'owners not renters' mentality
- Previous professional tailoring and/or embroidery experience
- Wide breadth of experience with industrial sewing machines, steam presses, and irons
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
For those applicants with disabilities, if you require reasonable accommodation in searching for a job opening or submitting an application, please contact us by calling 888-469-6455.
All employment decisions are solely based on the applicant's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Job Start Date Sunday, August 23, 2020
- Rochester, NY, USA