Sphera is a leading global provider of enterprise software and services that enables companies to manage and optimize their environmental, health, safety and sustainability. Our mission is to create a safer, more sustainable and productive world.
We are a portfolio company of Genstar Capital, a leading middle-market private equity firm focused on investments in targeted segments of the software, industrial technology, financial services and healthcare industries. We operate like a start-up tech company but have over $100 million in annual revenue, with more than 8,000 customers, and operate in 100+ countries.
We are guided by our core values of Customer Centricity, Accountability, Bias to Action, Innovation, and Collaboration. These values help us recruit the right talent to join our rapidly expanding team of around 1000 Spherions around the globe. It is important to us that each and every Spherion is not only eager to challenge themselves and knows how to get work done but is an awesome addition to our company culture.
Join our dynamic team of specialists who help our clients automate the ever-changing world of hazard communication regulations, like WHMIS or GHS, into our enterprise software solution. We are hiring a Rules Developer to join our project team. You will work alongside other analysts and report directly to the rule team manager. Your main tasks will include performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes, coding the requirements, and performing some user acceptance testing. To succeed in this role, you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users. The “rules” automate the production of safety data sheets (SDS), labels, and other results required for compliance with regulations related to hazardous materials around the world.
- Coding the business and regulatory processes identified, using OOP concepts in VB.Net
- Evaluating business processes involved in the EH&S (Environment, Health & Safety) field, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business/regulatory processes and developing optimization strategies.
- In partnership with regulatory analysts, performing requirements analysis.
- Documenting and communicating the results of your efforts.
- Working closely with our internal regulatory team, clients, and managerial staff.
- Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
- A minimum of 3 years experience working with VB.Net.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Fluent working knowledge (spoken and written) of English and French. Any other languages are an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of OOP concepts.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Knowledge of (bio)chemistry, (eco)toxicology or other aspects related to chemical hazards a plus.
Sphera is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
- Job Family SR PROFESSIONAL
- Pay Type Salary
- Montreal, QC, Canada