Sphera is a leading global provider of enterprise software and services that enables companies to manage and optimize their environmental, health, safety and sustainability. Our mission is to create a safer, more sustainable and productive world.
We are a portfolio company of Genstar Capital, a leading middle-market private equity firm focused on investments in targeted segments of the software, industrial technology, financial services and healthcare industries. We operate like a start-up tech company but have over $100 million in annual revenue, with more than 8,000 customers, and operate in 100+ countries.
We are guided by our core values of Customer Centricity, Accountability, Bias to Action, Innovation, and Collaboration. These values help us recruit the right talent to join our rapidly expanding team of around 1000 Spherions around the globe. It is important to us that each and every Spherion is not only eager to challenge themselves and knows how to get work done but is an awesome addition to our company culture.
As a consulting manager, you will be leading and managing the tasks required to implement Sphera’s Product Stewardship Solutions. This includes assigning and coordinating resources and monitoring billable time and budgets throughout the lifecycle of the project, from initiation through to delivery. The consulting manager serves as liaison between the company and the client project manager to ensure that all targets and requirements are met on schedule and within budget, and equally important to create and maintain a positive team environment at the client. In addition, this position provides subject matter expertise to our clients. The consulting manager is involved in pre-project assessments to determine requirements, conducts design workshops, and provides solution engineering services as needed.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT (40%)
- Responsible for the timeliness and quality of the implementation of the solution, including all deliverables to the customer.
- Supervising all aspects of a project, including planning and task analysis, assigning appropriate resources, tracking progress to the completion of all deliverables, managing budgets and conducting a postmortem.
- Identifies resources needed to complete the deliverables and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards.
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Minimizes our exposure and risk on projects.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
PROJECT ACCOUNTING (20%)
- Manages project budget.
- Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for projects.
- Follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
- Analyzes project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization.
SOLUTION CONSULTING (40%)
- Uses subject matter expertise to facilitate solution design workshops with clients.
- Guides clients by providing product insights and best practice methodologies.
- Develops solution design documents and performs requirements analysis.
- Develops solution reporting and integration design packages.
- Supports implementation work through system configuration, testing, training, and deployment as necessary.
- Mentors and coaches project team throughout the life cycle of the project.
Works with technical team to deliver integration and reporting deliverables.
- 5+ years of experience managing either IT projects or large scale Environmental, Health and Safety projects with an IT component. (Required)
- Excellent technical and non-technical writing, editing, verbal communication, presentation skills
- Strong project management and planning skills
- Experienced and comfortable in selling professional consulting services.
- Experience in discussing project planning and issues with customers.
- Experience managing a diversified solution delivery project team.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in the English language, knowledge of French, Spanish or Japanese is beneficial.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Sciences is preferred.
Sphera is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
- Job Family SR PROFESSIONAL
- Pay Type Salary
- Work Location (reporting only) CAN MONTREAL
- Montreal, QC, Canada