Sr. Front End Engineer
Sphera is a leading global provider of enterprise software and services that enables companies to manage and optimize their environmental, health, safety and sustainability. Our mission is to create a safer, more sustainable and productive world.
We are a portfolio company of Genstar Capital, a leading middle-market private equity firm focused on investments in targeted segments of the software, industrial technology, financial services and healthcare industries. We operate like a start-up tech company but have over $100 million in annual revenue, with more than 8,000 customers, and operate in 100+ countries.
We are guided by our core values of Customer Centricity, Accountability, Bias to Action, Innovation, and Collaboration. These values help us recruit the right talent to join our rapidly expanding team of around 1000 Spherions around the globe. It is important to us that each and every Spherion is not only eager to challenge themselves and knows how to get work done but is an awesome addition to our company culture.
At Sphera, we come to work every day knowing we make a difference for our customers, for our partners and for the world! Our state-of-the-art technologies gather and analyze data so companies can make more-informed, strategic business decisions about mitigating risk throughout their operations. By joining our team, you will be taking the next step towards a better and brighter future!
We are seeking a Senior Front-End Engineer to join our growing SpheraCloud Platform Team. Sphera is on a mission to advance its products thru implementing cutting edge Platform strategy. This team is responsible for building the Platform and getting products to realize the benefits. You will lead front-end development efforts for the Platform and also drive the technology discipline for other teams to follow as well. You will directly report to the Head of the Platform but will partner closely with Product Owners and Leaders, Platform Architects, Product Technology Engineers and UX teams. You can be based off Chicago or can be remote.
- Work and own design and development of Platform UI components to be used by all the products and for Platform workflows.
- Hone your craft and bring to bear a sense of urgency while creating software.
- Use your agile skillsets; story mapping, sequence, slice, review and ship working code in increments.
- Think full life-cycle engineering – code, test, refactor, automate, build pipelines, DevOps. We like to own what we ship and work with our ops teams to make software better and better.
- Collaborate with UX and your counterparts on the product teams to drive alignment and consistency.
- Bring your ideas and see them come to life with the team.
- Contribute to front-end guild and have a company-wide impact.
- At least 3-5+ years of industry experience in frontend development building web applications.
- Practical experience with responsive and adaptive design experience connecting to REST APIs for data.
- Knowledge of building and consuming REST APIs.
- Experience in working in an agile environment and understands the value it brings.
- Ability to effectively identify issues/risks and communicate to various stakeholders.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Love and understanding of the value and benefits of SaaS Platform
- Ambition and are passionate about lifting your career
- Familiarity with Azure services
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps
- Ability to think E2E (full-stack mindset)
Sphera is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
- Job Family SR PROFESSIONAL
- Pay Type Salary
- Work Location (reporting only) USA CHICAGO
- Chicago, IL, USA
- United Kingdom