DTC Digital Marketing Specialist
The Wine Group, 1883 London Ranch Rd., Glen Ellen, California, United States of America Req #403
Thursday, December 10, 2020
At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future and our wine. We are America’s second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America’s most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
The Digital Marketing Specialist is a full-time position under the direction of the Direct-to-Consumer Senior Marketing Manager, and is based at Benziger Winery in Glen Ellen, CA, and is responsible for being a proactive part of the DTC Marketing team. The Digital Marketing Specialist will improve efficiency and effectiveness of the DTC Marketing team by assisting with the execution of the brand plan to achieve key brand and business objectives. We are looking for a talented individual who can multi-task, work among various systems/platforms, take the initiative and partner with different teams to deliver impressive results to the bottom line.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Social Media and Content Creation
- Maintain social media content calendar.
- Lead community management for DTC social media accounts.
- Monitor competitive social platforms and websites to identify trends or new tactics to engage new and existing customers.
- Stay abreast of new functionality and reporting offered on social platforms.
- Capture points of differentiation for Benziger and Imagery to use in digital marketing materials through ongoing photography and videography.
- Digital Advertising
- In collaboration with the Senior DTC Marketing Manager, plan and execute all SEO/SEM, social media, and display advertising campaigns for the DTC Brands including managing monthly budget spends.
- Identify trends and insights and optimize spend and performance based on the insights. Share these learnings on a pre-determined cadence.
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies through digital marketing.
- Website and Ecommerce
- Collaborate with team on ecommerce campaign strategy.
- Lend support to digital sales campaigns, including email campaign set up when needed.
- Help maintain Benziger and Imagery brand marketing websites.
- Develop marketing copy for tasting room collateral, wine club newsletters, email campaigns, social media, websites, and other marketing projects that aligns with product tone and brand voice.
- Create tasting notes/tech sheets for every Imagery and Benziger SKU, approximately 75 SKUs annually. Work closely with Winemaking and production teams to ensure accuracy in descriptions and technical characteristics of each wine.
- Wine Competitions and Scoring Publications
- Responsible for submitting wines to scoring publications and wine competitions throughout the year.
- Responsible for registering and organizing winery participation in industry events and competitions.
- Maintain accolade database for Benziger, Imagery and Concannon.
- Public Relations Support and Local Outreach:
- Schedule and make logistical arrangements for media/press visits.
- Coordination of all press sample mailings.
- Maintain working relationships and provide content for local outreach partners such as Sonoma Valley Visitors Bureau, Sonoma County Vintners and Growers, WineCountry Media, etc.
- Project a professional company image through in-person, phone and email interaction
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years of experience with running social media and digital advertising campaigns including content creation
- Experience with Social Media platforms including managing Instagram business profiles and running campaigns in Facebook Ads Manager
- Experience with Google Analytics, Ad Words, Display Network and SEO/SEM optimization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience crafting and writing marketing copy, including but not limited to: sales support materials, email marketing messages, social media and/or other marketing promotions
- Knowledge of the wine industry a plus
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with InDesign and Adobe Photoshop a plus
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with attention to detail
- Must have ability to multitask, work well under pressure and be able to adhere to strict deadlines
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in an office environment.
- Working environment is both indoors and outdoors, with exposure to related equipment and noise levels
- Limited travel to other facilities in California as required
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Digital Mktng, e-Commerce
- Job Function Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- The Wine Group, 1883 London Ranch Rd., Glen Ellen, California, United States of America