Network Engineer 2
An ideal candidate will be a competent individual with a passion for technology. This position will require an individual with an analytical mindset for effective troubleshooting. The ideal candidate should be comfortable working with internal and external customers via IM, phone, email and in person. This person will travel to various facilities to perform job tasks effectively and in a timely manner. The ideal candidate is responsible for keeping up to date documentation on all networking aspects and monitoring solutions. Candidate will have the opportunity to install and maintain a new NSX environment across two data centers for a globally positioned company.
- Configuration and Support of LAN, WAN and wireless infrastructure with a focus on high uptime for all users.
- Configure/install/troubleshoot networking devices including but not limited to switches, routers, SDWAN devices, firewalls,NSX, etc.
- Performing audits of IT infrastructure and creating solutions to be implemented, which support the long term and short-term goals of the company.
- Follow specified data security, confidentiality, and backup procedures as required.
- Developing rapport and trust with clients as their primary technical point of contact.
- Work with the desktop support team to help resolve trouble tickets in a timely manner
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours. Local travel to California facilities required.
- 3-5 years of experience building, administering, deploying and supporting network. infrastructure for a multi-site organization.
- Firewall experience with NAT and VPN required. Palo Alto experience is a strong plus.
- Complete knowledge of network protocols, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS.
- Hands-on experience with Cisco IOS.
- Outstanding diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of Windows and Linux operating system environments.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- CCNA strongly preferred.
- Experience with Aruba or CloudGenix strongly preferred.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn new technologies.
- Effective communicator, both verbal and written.
- Ability to lift 30-50 lbs.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Network
- Job Function IT
- Pay Type Salary
- The Wine Group, 17000 E. Highway 120, Ripon, California, United States of America
- The Wine Group, 4596 Tesla Rd., Livermore, California, United States of America