Tasting Room Supervisor - Imagery Estate Winery
Imagery Estate Winery is searching for an enthusiastic, passionate Tasting Room Supervisor to join our dynamic, high energy Tasting Room team.
Under the direction of Imagery Estate Winery’s Tasting Room Manager, this full-time position provides support for the efficient and effective operation of the Imagery Estate Winery Tasting Room. It is supervisory in nature, which encompasses the management and ongoing development of the Tasting Room staff, so they are empowered to provide a consistently outstanding customer experience while simultaneously maximizing every sales opportunity with the customer. This position will enhance daily supervision in the Tasting Room, provide additional training and development for Tasting Room Wine Specialists and Hospitality Associates, improve customer solutions, experiences, and customer satisfaction capabilities, and help reduce POS system errors for improved productivity.
Applicants must be confident in their leadership capabilities, ability to represent premium wines, be highly motivated to sell wine and convert guests into Wine Club members, be an energetic self-starter and multi-tasker, while providing best-in-class service in a high volume, customer centric environment.
Achieves and Exceeds Sales Goals:
- Posts the daily and monthly sales goals and wine club enrollment objectives for Tasting Room staff and communicates them clearly
- Understands and reinforces monthly and other incentive plans to motivate and appropriately compensate staff for exceeding sales and wine club acquisition targets
- Takes an active, hands-on role in developing and supervising Wine Club and elevated customer experiences
- In cooperation with Tasting Room Manager, provides ideas and support to enhance business development efforts
Supervises, Trains and Develops Tasting Room Staff:
- Supervises, coaches and mentors’ staff on a daily basis to facilitate the achievement of revenue, wine club and name capture acquisition goals within all sales and experience venues (i.e., tasting room, seated tastings, other on-site tasting spaces, and experiences)
- Assists in monthly and event staff scheduling, daily task list and staffing schematic, troubleshooting, and resolving scheduling issues when they arise, customer triage and effective deployment of staff resources
- Trains new staff and works to further develop selling skills and effectiveness of existing staff
- Assists with performance management, to include performance reviews of part-time staff when indicated, along with improvement / development plans as required
- Sets high standards and holding staff accountable to those standards
Responsible for Efficient Operations:
- Collaborates and works well within the overall DTC management team to coordinate consumer, trade, VIP, Wine Club, large groups, tasting room events and other visits to assure high quality service
- Opens and closes Tasting Room
- Manages end of day reporting and ensures safe handling of cash deposits on daily basis
- Possess commanding knowledge of POS systems to competently handle all sales transactions and provide support to all team members
- Accurately completes monthly inventory counts
- Assists with timesheet approvals as required
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must be 21 years of age or older at time of hire
- College degree in retail/business management or hospitality, or equivalent experience strongly preferred
- 3+ years of prior relevant experience is required; candidates with tasting room retail, direct to consumer sales, restaurant or hotel experience will be preferred
- Leadership skills and the ability to develop and empower a sales team
- Ability to supervise and manage part time staff, temporary employees, and volunteers
- Service driven, with superior customer service, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong sales skills
- Strong communication skills
- Friendly, positive, and professional disposition when dealing with guests, vendors, cross-functional partners, and team members
- Strong attention to detail and proactivity; ability to multitask, follow-up, and work in a fast pace environment under pressure
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Demonstrated reliability, punctuality, and adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
- Proficiency with company computer systems, software, and reports to include: Outlook, Word, Excel, POS, and Adobe Acrobat, and general Internet navigation
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings, special events and holidays
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry weights of up to 40 pounds at varying frequencies
- Ability to operate various types of machinery to include, but not limited to, lift trucks, hand trucks, dishwashers etc.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various tasks
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Hospitality
- Job Function Hospitality
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Wine Group, 1883 London Ranch Rd., Glen Ellen, California, United States of America