Area Manager - Michigan
Under the direction of Mid Central Regional Vice President, the Area Sales Manager is responsible for leading sales execution in the Michigan Market, achieving all volume and distribution goals for The Wine Group, Inc. portfolio of brands through all channels of trade, including but not limited to, retail chain accounts, retail independent and on premise, etc. The Area Sales Manager will also be responsible for developing and executing pricing/programming strategies in coordination with the TWG Regional Vice President.
- Responsible for building and owning relationships in retail chains, independent retail accounts and all facets of the on-premise trade
- Assist in developing and implementing annual operating plan which includes financial, volume, and distribution objectives
- Manage depletion and distribution objectives for the on premise and retail channels
- Collaborate with TWG management team to ensure new item and monthly retail priority execution
- Schedule and lead effective distributor sales meetings with all levels of management
- Introduce creative sales execution concepts, share across state lines/regions if successful and aspire to be a leader in best practices
- Administrative responsibilities include complete monthly CPR, complete monthly phasing calendar, maintain working key account list, and complete any relevant Travel and Entertainment expenses on a weekly basis
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by RVP.
- Manage assigned budgets including incentives, travel and entertainment, and other departmental expenses.
- Ensure all sales practices are compliant with state and company policies/law
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Candidate must reside in Michigan, preferably in the Greater Detroit/Metro Detroit Area
- BA degree or equivalent experience and proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Preferred 5 or more years of sales experience in the alcoholic beverage industry or related business with knowledge and passion for both commercial and premium wines
- Must have strong understanding and working knowledge of alcoholic beverage industry retail environment
- Intermediate wine knowledge or associated certifications preferred
- Must be adaptive to change within organization and industry
- Results oriented, innovation, strong problem solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to work and succeed in dynamic entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel with overnight stays as needed
- Display integrity, character, and strong leadership skills
- Support and model all company procedures and policies
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and with a team in a fast-paced, high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Must have an excellent safety, work performance and attendance record
- Prioritize while able to adapt to changing priorities
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures.
- Position operates in a professional office environment
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various tasks
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Distributors
- Job Function Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- Detroit, MI, USA