Senior Wine Specialist - Imagery Estate Winery
At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future and our wine. We are America’s second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America’s most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
Imagery Estate Winery is searching for an enthusiastic, passionate wine sales and customer service professional to join our dynamic, high energy Tasting Room team. Under the direction of Imagery Estate Winery’s Tasting Room management team, the Senior Wine Specialist is a full-time position responsible for creating memorable, world-class experiences for all guests by hosting small and large group wine tastings and events, and elevated, educational experiences.
All applicants must be confident in their ability to represent premium wines, be highly motivated to sell wine and convert guests into Wine Club members, be an energetic self-starter and multi-tasker while providing best-in-class service in a high volume, customer centric environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Highly motivated sales individual who thrives on providing superior hospitality to assure the highest quality service, experience, and execution within brand standards.
- Proven track-record of selling and up-selling wines, wine club memberships and merchandise.
- Takes an active, hands-on role in the elevated and more intimate customer experiences on the Imagery estate property.
- Collaborates and works well within the overall retail sales team management to coordinate consumer, trade, VIP, wine club, large groups, tasting room events and other visits to assure high quality service.
- Assists with coordinating and executing all daily consumer facing activities on property, including greeting visitors, providing tastings, wine education and tasting room events staffing.
- Supervises, coaches and mentors’ staff on a daily basis to facilitate the achievement of revenue, wine club and name capture acquisition goals within all sales and experience venues (i.e. tasting room, seated tastings, other on-site tasting spaces and/or tours).
- Trains new staff and works to further develop selling skills and effectiveness of existing staff.
- Sets high standards and holding staff accountable to those standards.
- In cooperation with Tasting Room Manager and Tasting Room Supervisor, provides ideas and support to enhance business development efforts.
- Opens and closes Tasting Room.
- Manages the end of day reporting and ensures safe handling of cash deposits daily.
- Possess commanding knowledge of POS systems to competently handle all sales transactions and provide support to all team members.
- Develops and builds partnerships within the company, including Hospitality and Special Events, Direct Marketing, Marketing, Benziger Family Winery Tasting Room, Winemaking/Production and Accounting, as well as within the community.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must be 21 years of age
- College degree in retail/business management or hospitality, or equivalent experience strongly preferred
- 2+ years of prior relevant experience is required; candidates with tasting room retail, direct to consumer sales, restaurant or hotel experience will be preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of winemaking, wine tasting and viticulture
- Leadership skills and the ability to develop and empower a sales team
- Ability to supervise and manage part time staff, temporary employees and volunteers
- Service driven, with superior customer service, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Friendly, positive and professional disposition when dealing with guests, vendors and team members
- Be a team player, working with other sales associates to reach monthly and daily sales goals
- Strong attention to detail and proactivity. Ability to multi-task, follow-up and work in a fast pace environment under pressure
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Demonstrated reliability, punctuality, and adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
- Proficiency with company computer systems, software and reports to include: Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat and general Internet navigation
- Must be available to work weekends, special events and holidays
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry weights of up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies
- Ability to operate various types of machinery to include, but not limited to, lift trucks, hand trucks, dishwashers etc.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various tasks
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Hospitality
- Job Function Hospitality
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Wine Group, 1883 London Ranch Rd., Glen Ellen, California, United States of America