Hospitality Associate - Concannon Vineyards
At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future and our wine. We are America’s second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America’s most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
Under the direction of the DTC Logistics manager, Hospitality Associates are responsible for many tasks including setup, cleanup, stocking, etc. All tasks are performed in such a way that provides assistance to the whole of the Concannon Estate. As such this includes providing assistance in all aspects of the customer service experience (assisting customers with their purchases, answering customer questions and concerns, cleaning up broken glass, etc.). This position is part-time with great flexibility, up to 29 hours weekly, and requires weekend availability.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Provide customer service befitting of the Concannon Vineyard name and heritage.
- Assist in the day-to-day operation of the Concannon Estate Tasting Room.
- Restock all wines or retail items for sale in the various tasting locations on property.
- Keep the estate lawn clean and organized.
- Setup and tear down equipment as needed for all Concannon Vineyards events and customer experiences.
- Clean up broken glass and garbage as needed to maintain a beautiful and clean property.
- Fulfill customer purchases and assist with delivering purchases.
- Maintain a clean and organized back warehouse while receiving and stocking products.
- Assist in the organization of all Hospitality tasting locations.
- Ensure that all wine tasting locations are fully stocked with wines of the correct Varietal and Vintage - as determined by management.
- Wash and dry wine glasses frequently.
- Break down and recycle all cardboard used on the Estate.
- Take garbage bags out to the dumpster as needed.
- Empty recycling bins as needed (Requires Forklift Certification).
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, follow-up and work in a fast-paced environment under pressure.
- Must work a minimum of 4 weekend days (Saturday or Sunday) a month. Will be expected to work as needed on holidays and during special events (may include weekends and evenings). Weekday availability desired but not required
- At least one (1) year experience in the hospitality industry, preferably in a tasting room or as a back waiter or bar back role is highly desired but not required.
- Customer service and or retail experience is highly desired but not required.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with attention to detail.
- Some wine knowledge is preferred, but not necessary.
- Experience with a POS System a plus.
- Must be 21 years of age at the time of hire.
- Demonstrates reliability and punctuality, can work effectively in team/crew environment, adheres to all safety regulations and operating procedures.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, and repetitive hand and wrist motion.
- Must be able to travel between facilities.
- Must have ability to be ServSafe certified.
- Must have ability to be certified to operate a Forklift.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both indoors and outdoors
The Wine Group is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Job Family Hospitality
- Job Function Hospitality
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Wine Group, 4596 Tesla Rd., Livermore, California, United States of America