On-Premise Trade Marketing Manager
At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future, and our wine. We are America’s second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York, and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America’s most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility, and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
The ideal profile:
- Non-traditional Marketer: Skilled marketer with preferred experience from consumer-packaged goods and/or alcohol-beverage companies, yet comfortable operating in a non-traditional, fast paced environment. Someone who is not afraid to turn a problem upside down to develop unique solutions.
- Creative Trade Channel Leader: (a) Intuitively “gets” brand(s) strategies, (b) deeply understands how to sell and pitch to customers, and (c) has the ability to marry individual brand strategies with retailer objectives, directing creative in line with brand positioning and developing engaging, cost-efficient retail programs. Effectively works side-by-side with brand marketing, sales, and distributor leads to develop plans and programs that generate new On-Premise placements and/or increase sales velocity, while delighting consumers and customers alike.
- Entrepreneurial Track Record, Competitive Drive: Proven success delivering goals in an entrepreneurial venture, including an appreciation for an environment of resource limitations, cost control, fluid learning, prudent risk taking and limitless creativity.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not restrict the tasks management needs to be accomplished.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, related field, or equivalent work experience
- Retailer and/or distributor selling leadership for a minimum of 5 years
- Preferred but not required: Brand management and/or On-Premise Trade Development sales experience from a" CPG company / alcohol-beverage supplier
- MBA and wine/alcohol-beverage category experience, a plus
- Position operates in a professional office environment
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various tasks
- Job Family Distribution Channels
- Job Function Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- The Wine Group, 4596 Tesla Rd., Livermore, California, United States of America