Wine Specialist - Benziger Estate Winery
Benziger Estate Winery is searching for enthusiastic, passionate wine sales and customer service professionals to join our dynamic, high energy Tasting Room team.
The Wine Specialist is a part-time position responsible for creating a memorable wine and customer service experience at our captivating estate property while promoting wine sales, enlisting new club members and providing wine education to customers.
- Provide excellent customer service in all areas: welcome guests, educate and present the portfolio of wines and elevated experiences.
- Create and execute an exclusive experience for each customer: confidently and knowledgably speak to wines, varietals, winemaking/viticulture practices, growing areas, winery and history.
- Promote the sale of wine and non-wine products sold in the Tasting Room and drive new memberships to the Wine Club.
- Strong focus on closing sales and up-selling is crucial.
- Collect names and email addresses for future contact.
- Assist with events; execute timeline, manage closing and securing of the venue concluding events.
- Host specialty programs, lunches or dinners as assigned.
- Promote and represent winery by pouring at offsite and on-premise special events.
- Maintain, update and expand knowledge of the winery, viticulture, enology by participating in educational trainings and tastings within the Winery and through outside sources.
- Conduct daily seated tastings, elevated wine experiences, reserved and private group tastings as scheduled.
- Learn POS systems and manage high volume wine and merchandise transactions. Possess a high level of integrity for performing sales transactions.
- Accountable for tracking wine and retail inventory.
- Stock supplies and maintain displays in retail areas.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Two or more years’ experience in a premium winery tasting room, hospitality setting and/or retail sales position preferred
- Must work a minimum of 2 weekends (Saturday and Sunday) a month
- Must be available holiday weekends and as needed for special events, (weekends, evenings, and holidays)
- Enthusiasm for wine and interest in expanding expertise
- Service driven, with superior customer service, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Friendly, positive and professional disposition when dealing with guests, vendors and team members
- Be a team player, working with other sales associates to reach monthly and daily sales goals
- Strong attention to detail and proactivity. Ability to multi-task, follow-up and work in a fast pace environment under pressure
- Capability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Demonstrated reliability, punctuality, and adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry weights of up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies
- Ability to operate various types of machinery to include, but not limited to, lift trucks, hand trucks, dishwashers etc.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various tasks
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both indoors and outdoors
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Hospitality
- Job Function Hospitality
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Wine Group, 1883 London Ranch Rd., Glen Ellen, California, United States of America